Rocket Surgeon: A person with less-than-stellar aptitude. A mixture of "rocket scientist" and "brain surgeon" This phrase describes a person who is neither.




Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in pictures

It's quiet here this morning.
The falling snow has hushed the world outside.


It's a beautiful snowy day.




I met a friend this morning for breakfast.
Unfortunately he had to eat and run.

***********

Only a few more hours and we turn the page on 2009. 
We've had joys this year. 



Ashlynn was baptized.  What a blessed joy.


I was recognized at work.  A nice pat on the back.


My dorky little story made it as a finalist and placed fourth in a book competition, which means nothing, but it was a fun experience.


We've had sorrows.


We lost a precious one--Dustin Shane.


And gained a precious one--Maxx Shane.
And then lost another, my Aunt Frances.
And then lost another, Jason's Aunt Kala.
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

Summer invited water balloon fights and crazy kids.

 My brother Steve getting pelted with a balloon.


My Crazy Niece Zoie says heck to the balloons and wields the hose instead.
You gotta do what you gotta do.



Autumn brought grapes, goblins, and bengal tigers.



And lots and lots and lots of leaves.

This Christmas was the best ever for me in terms of contentment.


I did manage to get a tree up in the nick of time.

I have many hopes, dreams, and goals for the coming year.
I love new beginnings.
Fresh starts.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”  Isaiah 43:18-19

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. 
May you have a prosperous 2010.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this one but I barely recognized my own child...