Rocket Surgeon: A person with less-than-stellar aptitude. A mixture of "rocket scientist" and "brain surgeon" This phrase describes a person who is neither.




Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rest, Refresh, Refocus

Okay.  So I had a mini-nervous breakdown yesterday. 

I lashed out.

I'm better now.

It's just that things are a bit overwhelming to me right now.

My toenails need clipping.

My mustache needs waxing. 

Yes,  my mustache.  My loving brother told me a few years back that I better hurry up and find a husband before my mustache got any thicker.  That's when I decided I'd better tend to it.  Thanks Steve-O, you helped me catch a man.  I don't think I could've done it without you.

And if that is how neglected my body and hygiene is, you don't even want to think about my fridge. 
Don't go there.

I have a to-do longer than Santa's naughty list, and to top it off, Ashlynn wants to make cookies. 

When life becomes so stressful, and I need a vacation from it, I'm reminded of Matthew 11:28.
Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  This translates to I will refresh you.  It continues  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for you souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

I'm reminded of when Jesus walked on the water.  The disciples had gone out in the boat.  Jesus had told them to, but he didn't go with them.  He knew a storm would come before he sent them out.  He sent them anyway.  He was on the other side and we're told He saw them toiling, straining at the oars because the wind was against them.  Jesus sees our toil, our labor, and our work.  He's there to help us through storms.

I'm reminded of a time when Jesus and the disciples needed to get away.  The crowds had been pressing into them.  He needed solitude, serenity, and peace.  He went away from the people for a time to spend with the Father.  Mark 6:31 says in red letters:  Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.

So that's what I did.  I went away to a quiet place and spent time with the Father.  He granted me rest and refreshing. 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  It is my most favorite holiday.  But there's a lot to do.

So I'm going to go bake some cookies, clean out my fridge, and clip my toenails.  Not necessarily in that order.

Blessings,

Angel

No comments: