Rocket Surgeon: A person with less-than-stellar aptitude. A mixture of "rocket scientist" and "brain surgeon" This phrase describes a person who is neither.




Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How time flies

One year ago today I posted my first blog ever. 

And then I put it away. 

And then I drug it back out.

And then I put it away. 

And then I drug it back out.

The month of October has been my busiest blogging month and I have a renewed commitment to continue blogging.  I didn't know what I was doing a year ago.  News Flash:  I don't know what I'm doing now.  My first blog was actually copied from a beautiful email I received.  A pantry email.  The kind you print out and hang on the inside door of your pantry so you can read it again and be reminded of it's good advice.   I have a few of those, even though I don't have a pantry door.  I used to.  Another story for another time.

 My husband is a bit embarrassed by my blog. I don't think he has ever read it, but he has come up behind me here at the desk and eyeballed it a time or two.   After looking at our niece blow bubbles with her nose, he proclaimed it an embarrassment and couldn't believe I put all this out here for the world to read.

Uh, I have 3 followers. 


Uh, and they're all related. 

So, in honor of my one year blogging anniversary, I have another pantry email to share. 
A GREAT RECIPE...
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.

3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'I am thankful for______________'

4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.

5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli , almonds & walnuts.

6. Try to make at least three people smile each day..

7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.

9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'

17. Forgive everyone for everything.

18. What other people think of you is none of your business.

19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.

20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!

22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________.

24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.

I'm pretty good at #1 and #2.  I do those simultaneously, pray and walk.  I don't smile though.  I should try to add that in.  I think my cheeks might start hurting after a block.

I need to work on #14, 18, and 22. 

How about you?  What are you improving on?

No comments: