Rocket Surgeon: A person with less-than-stellar aptitude. A mixture of "rocket scientist" and "brain surgeon" This phrase describes a person who is neither.




Monday, February 22, 2010

This Is What I Get For Bragging

"He who toots his own horn, the same shall not be tooted."
That's what my Grannie used to say.
Translation:  Quit Bragging.

Recently I blogged about my tough fish.  If you didn't read it, you can read about it here.  I blogged about how they survived a freezing cold spell.  About how they were strong genetic creatures.  About how big and fat and juicy they were.

Well.
Folks.
Now they are dead.
Both of them.

One fish,
two fish,
both fish,
are dead fish.

They survived a freezing spell, only to be poisoned by me.
I changed their food, they wouldn't eat, the water got all cloudy, and they floated to the top.

I'm grieving.
I know they are just fish, but good grief, my heart is sad anyway.

Sorry, no pictures are available for this post.  I didn't want to remember how they looked with their big glazed-over fish eyeballs staring at me.
Or their beautiful fanned out tails lying limp in the water.
Or their small fish mouths gaping open.
Or their bulging bellies bobbing in the water.

Okay that's enough of that.

Good-bye.
I'm going to find a grief support group now.

No comments: