Rocket Surgeon: A person with less-than-stellar aptitude. A mixture of "rocket scientist" and "brain surgeon" This phrase describes a person who is neither.




Thursday, January 22, 2009

Prayer and Fasting

Today is my first day after completing a 21 day fast. Although it was based on the Daniel fast with strict guidelines, I modified it to fit me for no meats and no sweets. Although I imagined today to be a frenzy of gluttony, I can't seem to bring myself to endulge. I hope that I have been able to break the strongholds that sugar and sweets have held me under and to be able to move forward with a healthier lifestyle. I almost feel like an addict who knows if they take that first drink, smoke, hit, bite whatever....it will be downhill again. Through this, I only lost 5 pounds, which averages out to about 1.5 a week. That is a healthy loss. But the goal was not weight loss but rather for me a commitment to God fulfilled and bringing myself closer to Him. My prayers could definately have been more intense and frequent, but I'm one step closer to Him in my heart.

No comments: