Rocket Surgeon: A person with less-than-stellar aptitude. A mixture of "rocket scientist" and "brain surgeon" This phrase describes a person who is neither.




Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Carriage House

The past few days we relaxed in Fredericksburg in this little cottage on the corner.

I miss it.

 It sits next to this spacious, yellow home with a porch that I dream of having some day.

There are a few things from the past that I wish were of the present.  Porches fall in that category.`  I sat on the porch in a white wicker rocker and was transported to a time where lemonade on the porch and a visit with friends were meaningful occurances.  And there goes Miss Scarlett walking past carrying her parasol and Mr. Rhett in his frock coat tips his hat as they pass.

Besides 8 1/2 hours of sleep each night, this cottage is all I need in life. 

A bed and a couple of chairs,

A kitchen,
a bathroom,
and a closet.

It even had a hot tub. 

I really miss it.

This little lizard was there too.


And I didn't mind him one bit.

It was quaint, cozy, private.
And the neighbors dog didn't bark either.

No comments: