Rocket Surgeon: A person with less-than-stellar aptitude. A mixture of "rocket scientist" and "brain surgeon" This phrase describes a person who is neither.




Saturday, November 22, 2008

Painting

Last night and today I have set out to do some painting in the house. The bathrooms have not been painted since we lived here for the past 3 years. It is easy to tell after a bit, that the previous owners had the entire house painted a aqua/turquoise blue. Some of the paint has chipped in places revealing this color that was obviously "in" I hope, at one time. Also, when I look at the ceilings I can vaguely see this color bleeding through, wanting to come out of hiding.

I have chosen the color "Crisp Toast" which just goes lovely with "Indian Summer" and "Golden Harvest" that is in the rest of the house. When I told my mom over the phone the name of the color, I could see her shudder. She hates browns or neutrals of any color. But sometimes, a girl just needs a little neutral in her life. Especially when she's married to a cowboy who would like the walls done in leather!

I haven't finished my job yet, I'm waiting on the paint dry. So rather than watching paint dry I decided to write a little blog about it. I'm off now to go do some touch-ups.

No comments: